Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Camping Time!


We went camping this weekend...or so I thought.  According to wikipedia, in many parts of the world, 'camping' refers exclusively to the use of tents.  I can't 'camp' like that!  

We have been so antsy to go and wondered if we would ever have a free weekend to get to.  We camped at the White River (which is my absolute favorite spot) and had an amazing time.  Such a great way to get in some family time.  We took a lot of walks to visit the deer that just stood around in the park.  There were several bucks and even little bitty tiny baby deer that were just precious.  Sadly, I did not get any pictures of the little ones. 


Garon absolutely loved taking walks.  

Grady loved getting to ride his bike.  He is getting fearless on that thing.  Scared me a few times going down those hills.  



 That's Dan.  Just in case you can't tell! :)
Saturday we had to get in a little fishing.  Grady got a pole and some corn and away he went.  Garon got a chair and a ring pop and away he went.  

This water was SO cold I have no idea how he even stood in it.  They both kept wanting to get in and I was seriously afraid they would get frostbite on their toes.  It was THAT cold.  

This picture cracks me up.  They are really trying to look like fishermen and Garon is just happy to have a sucker.  
 We caught no fish on round 1 so we decided to head back to the camper for Garon's nap time.  Daddy read a book to Garon and he really enjoyed it.  In fact, Daddy had to read it a few times. 


I laid Garon down for a nap while Daddy and Grady went back fishing for round 2.  Still no fish after round 2.  I was starting to get nervous for him.  We promised him one more trip after supper and easily kept his mind off of it by the presence of Kylie.  We love having guests when we camp. 
 They colored, played with play dough, swatted flies, and Amanda even read them all a good book about God. 
We ate hamburgers and hot dogs and before we knew it...round 3 had arrived.  Kylie came prepared.  She had a pole that had a fish permanently hooked to her pole.  Smart thinking! Who would have thought that Grady would have been so jealous of this pole.  Guess it was from the lack of fish he was catching.  I won't keep the suspense...YES Grady finally caught a fish.  As you can tell it was dark. He waited a looonnnggg time for that fish. 

 He was so happy we could finally quit and go back.  I was happy because no camping trip is complete without a smore.  Or two or three...

Sunday morning Dan drove us down to the dam and tried to teach Grady all about it.  I had never been that close to one myself.  Love the pictures we took in front of it. 












I took this picture right before we packed up against Dan's wanting.  He says it looks like we are true rednecks with all that stuff everywhere.  He's sorta right.  Kind of glad I'm not in the picture now.  :)

Even though camping is a little hectic with a one year old we had an awesome time.  Garon did get his first boo boo right on his nose and his daddy kept reminding me it wouldn't be his last.  I sure hope it is. 

We had wonderful neighbors who kindly offered to take a family picture.  I saved it for last because it is one of my favorites.  I love seeing all of us together.

So wikipedia can define it however they want...but this is my kind of camping!  Can't wait for our next camping trip!

1 comment:

  1. How in the heck do you look so good while camping?? :) Loved all the pics of your boys. So glad Grady caught a fish. HOORAY. What a great family trip.

    ReplyDelete