Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What 4 year olds say!

Grady says the funniest and sweetest things all the time.  I try to remember all of them and I know it's impossible so I'm writing this to jot down a few.

Me: "Grady, Aunt Taci invited us over to come try out her new slide. Want to go try it out?"
Grady: "Mom, you are such a genius!"

Grady: "Mom, you want to go lay Garon down for a nap so we won't have to fool with him?"

While I was trying to get all of us ready for Grady's t-ball game, Grady thought it would be a good idea to go in and wake Garon up.  I run after him, just pull him out of Garon's room while trying not to wake him up, and quietly shut the door back. 
Me: "Grady, if you wake him up I won't be able to get ready and we won't be able to go to your t-ball game."
Grady: "Well if you pull my arm off I won't be able to play in my baseball game."

Grady is laying in our bed between Dan and me.  Grady is all cuddled up with me with his head on my shoulder.  Grady says: "You are so beautiful."
Me: "Thank you Grady!"
Grady: "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Dad."

Grady wants another brother and he wants to name him "Power Ranger!"

Grady to me: "Go get my juice and I'll watch Garon for you." 

I'm vacuuming.  Grady: "Taci almost vacuumed Garon up at her house."

Grady is going #2 on the pot.  Garon enters the room.  This is what I hear. 
Grady: "Hey Garon, will you go get mama's phone for me so I can play games?"
Garon: "uhhh"
Grady: "This is how you get the toilet paper off.  And see, this is how you flush it."
Yes, if you're wondering, I walked into a mess of toilet paper. 
Grady: "See what I taught him how to do??" All smiles. 

Grady saying his prayers: "Dear Jesus and God.  Thank you for the beautiful day and the moon and the stars.  Thank you for bedtime stories even though I'm not telling a story tonight.  Amen!"

Grady apologizing to Garon after stealing a toy away from him: "Garon I love you so much! I'm so glad God put you in my mama's belly."

And my personal favorite is the last one....

Grady saying his prayers. "Thank you Jesus for my family because they're so cute. Amen." 



You are SO cute Grady Davis! I love you and all the sweet things you say.  So glad to have summers off with you to hears these sweet things. 

3 comments:

  1. I am rolling! Those are soo cute-gotta love the pull my arm off one and his dad being beautiful.Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sayings are too funny! Great idea to write them down. I love Grady's smile so much! Precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha. Mom stole my favorite. Which was, by far, if you pull my arm off I can't play my game. I am constantly trying to keep Amelia away from a napping Elise. Cannot wait for a VBS post. The pics you put on FB tonight are TOO cute. You seriously need to do a blog to book because you will want these in print!

    ReplyDelete