Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind we have been in lately! Sunday morning Garon woke up with a low fever, yet, he was still such a trooper all day.  Like for instance, he still participated in dressing up in bubby's cowboy hat.  I think I have two pretty cute cowboys...or sheriffs...I'm really not sure, but they are cute!  By these pictures you sure wouldn't think he was sick.


Here he was totally showing off.  He had a puzzle and some alphabet soap.  Amazing what little things make children happy. 
Daddy volunteered to stay home with Garon on Monday.  I called during my first recess break to check in.  Daniel said he was laying on his chest saying "mama" over and over.  I literally cried at that point.  We could definitely tell that he was miserable.  He wasn't cranky, just wanted to cuddle up in your lap.  We both made our way to the doctor appointment where we found out that Garon has an ear infection.  We also discovered that he now weighs 17 lbs and 14 oz.  Grow Garon Grow!! 
Today was Mommy's turn to keep the boys, and Daddy's turn to be jealous!  Garon woke up early while Grady decided to sleep till 9:30.  Garon was in much better spirits and even managed to smile for the camera a lot today! 
I started off strong and thought I was going to be supermom today.  Get my house clean, wash all the laundry, and even tackle a few things on my to do list.  That didn't quite work out.  Garon took a small nap and then decided that was all he needed for the day.  I decided those things were not so important and spent the day giving my full attention to the boys. 
Grady and I treated ourselves to an oreo or two!  I couldn't resist sharing a few bites with little G.  I think it's safe to say that he definitely belongs to me.  He loves oreo's.  Grady actually snapped a good picture for us to have. 

When bedtime came, Garon was so exhausted that he cried and cried.  It broke our hearts.  We tried rocking, singing, music, driving in the car....the list goes on and on.  And finally, when we got back home from the drive I just decided to lay him in his bed and he went straight to sleep.  Poor guy.  But I am happy to say that the drive around the block was not pointless, Grady fell asleep instead.  :-) I hope that both of my boys sleep tight tonight.  I love you both so much!

Today my Grandpa Davis turned 88.   Happy Birthday Papa! On our way over to Papa Davis' house, I am telling Grady that it's his Papa Davis' birthday.   Grady says, "Mom, Papa has my name.  Grady Davis."  How was I suppose to explain to him that it was the other way around?? :) My Grandma and Grandpa are two very wonderful people.  It makes me so happy to go to their house and see them spoil my kids just like they did me when I was little.  I took my camera for pictures but realized I had no SD card when I got there.  Uggh...go figure. On the way home Grady said something that I want to remember forever.  He said, "Mom, I have like 10 Grandma's and Papa's.  Isn't that cool?"  I actually got teary eyed again just thinking about how lucky he really is.  Grandparents give the best love!

Tomorrow Garon turns 11 months old.  Can we please slow this month down...

2 comments:

  1. Darling cowboys!Sorry about the ear infection for that tiny guy.Kids say the sweetest things sometimes.Spoiling is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics in the hat. I love those. Boo for ear infections. Yay for staying home with your guys for a day. Those quotes from Grady about his grandparents is so precious. Love it to pieces!

    Zumba tomorrow night???

    ReplyDelete