Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Celebration!

Today Garon turned 11 months.  What a sad day it was for me.  I can't believe he is fixing to turn one, this year has flown by.  Today you are on day 2 of antibiotics and seem to be feeling better.  You now weigh 17 pounds and 14 ounces.  You are so little but you have the biggest pop belly just like your cousin Hayden.  This month you have really taken to walking.  Daddy doesn't think you will be ready by one, but I am betting yes.  So that means we have to practice.  You love to walk up and down the hallway, but you only think it's fun when someone is watching and cheering you on.  Otherwise you would prefer to crawl.
It's funny how things are different with your second child.  I bought Grady every baby toy that was made at Wal-Mart and he loved them all, but you have NO interest in your baby toys and only want things that belong to your brother.  You like to drive trucks and make the motor sound.  (it's precious) You love Grady's monster truck Grave Digger flag.  I laugh just thinking about that one...I can look over and not see you, but I can certainly see you flying that flag in the air.  It's bigger than you and I have no idea how you are able to wave it. 
You are constantly on the go and could care less about being the center of attention.  You always let your brother steal the show.  You are happy to be down and free to move. 
You have been noticing the word no no and now hesitate before you decide to take all the movies or books off the shelf.  Apparently you are not scared of us.  :)
You are still the happiest boy and your smile makes my day.  I love you Garon Daniel.  We didn't celebrate with cake, but we had ice cream! 





Daddy and I bought Grady some preschool workbooks.  Grady is really good at saying things but I thought it was time to practice writing alphabets and numbers.  The book is awesome.  It came with stars and a chart for every day you do your lesson.  Let's just say that Grady completed 18 lessons out of 64 on day one.  Dan finally told him at 10:30 Saturday night that it was time to quit.  He was very upset.  He's learned how to use scissors and cut out things correctly.  He finds patterns, counts pairs, categorizes, etc...it's so amazing to see my boy doing such big things. 


Tonight I asked you to help me cook a pizza for supper.  You wanted to do it all by yourself so I pretty much let you.  I rolled out the dough and put on the hamburger and you did the rest.  There was a big mess but you had a lot of fun. 
Grady you are the best big brother that I know.  You always help me with Garon when I need you and I know that Garon already thinks the world of you.  He can recognize your voice from a mile away.  You are 100%  boy and I love it.  And I love you Grady Davis. 





No comments:

Post a Comment