Sunday, February 27, 2011

Off to Grandma's

Today in children's church I spoke to the 3-5 year olds about how Jesus wants us to help others.  Well it might sound silly but I certainly feel like my in-laws helped me this weekend overcome a big fear.  You see, I don't like leaving my children!  I know breaks are wonderful, but I worry about my boys.  Why?  I don't know. 
But I did it this weekend...big step...Dan was very proud, and Grandma and Papa were blessed with two great visitors!  Not just one night...but two!  I know, now I sound horrible right?  :) But the best part is I don't even think they noticed I was gone. 

This weekend started out great and ended even better.  Before the weekend we took a stroll down at the park.  Grady got to ride his bike and was super excited.  Although after we finished, he told his dad next time he wanted to go somewhere else because he needed to rest more.  Guess the mile was too long for him.  Garon was just happy to be outside!




 



Then my husband brought me these wonderful roses. 


On Friday, Grandma came and picked up the boys.  I was so sad.  Daniel and I planned a big shopping trip in Fayetteville and Rogers.  We thought it would be fun to spend the night and shop all day on Saturday.  Plans always sound good while you're making them, definitely harder to implement.  Since Dan was working I had to be a big girl and actually put my boys in the car.  Sorry Grandma for the long two hour delay- but as always thanks for being supportive and understanding! As they were strapped in and ready to go "it happened."  Garon smiled the biggest smile ever at me through the window.  Jumping in the backseat crossed my mind for a split second.  Then Grady with his sweet voice says, "Mom, shut the door!"
I knew deep down he was really upset inside!!  HA!

Dan and I headed out to Fayetteville and spent the remainder of the night shopping.  It was weird.  We actually got to have a conversation and eat in peace.  We spent the night at the Hampton Inn and woke up bright and early for round two.  If you are wondering how my day went from there...well...just look at the next picture.  Let's just say Mom quickly realized she could have fun!! 

The boys are now back at home with us and it feels like we were never gone.  Dan and I enjoyed our outting and the boys had a blast. So again, thanks Grandma and Papa for HELPING me realize I can leave them and I know that they are just as loved by you all as they would be with us!  We love you!

To say thanks to Dad for all the new clothes, we made him a special strawberry pie.  One of daddy's favorites.  I had to let Garon play in the cool whip just like I let Grady a while back ago.  Of course, Grady had to wait a lot longer for such yummy treats!  When I was downloading these pictures, I found Grady's cool whip pictures, so I thought it would be fun to post them both.  One thing discovered: they both LOVE cool whip!



 


Garon enjoying every bite

Grady was digging in






 Garon could not and would not put the spoon down after that.  We went outside with it and bathed with it.  I finally won it back in exchange for a bottle 2 hours later. 





We went outside to play some baseball, golf, and hopscotch.  Don't laugh, I was really trying to participate. 




We moved on to bath time and I couldn't resist giving Garon a mohawk!  I think his hair grew while we were gone! 


 

Garon doing his favorite thing...taking all the movies out and throwing them on the floor! 

 Garon is now fast asleep, Grady is going 90 to nothing, and I hear Daniel getting into his strawberry pie.  Doesn't take long to get back in routine around here!  I better hurry so I can get a slice!





2 comments:

  1. Fun times with your boys! I love the pics of Garon eating the cool whip and then a flashback to Grady eating it. So cute. And Garon's mohawk is hilarious. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you remembered how to have fun. Isn't it crazy how hard it is to leave our kids even though we know we need a break? I loved reading this one.

    ReplyDelete