Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rejoice in it!

I am really excited to be blogging.  I figure this will be a wonderful way to document the childhood of my boys.  And speaking of...we had a wonderful weekend in the snow last Saturday.  We woke up knowing we were heading to Bruno for the day, so our patience was tested while waiting on Aunt Staci and Uncle Scott to wake up.  As I was dressing Garon, I looked over to Grady and said, "What a pretty snow day that Jesus gave us!"  Grady replied, "I know mom, we should rejoice and be glad in it."  And that is exactly what we did...all day!
Although I hate to admit it, we were the ones who eventually tested Aunt Staci and Uncle Scott's patience, as we were 20 minutes late to our meeting spot.  In our defense, we had to buy snow boots, pack a diaper bag, bundle up, and all while swapping Garon back and forth during the process, because of course, he wanted NO part of his jumper at the time.


 This was the hill that 'almost' broke daddy's arm.  I think we can laugh about it now. 
I do not care to admit that I am lazy! It was very nice having the 4-wheeler to bring us back up the hill.  

We thought this would work...how many people can fit on a sled?  

I thanked Dan a million times for getting me out of the house that day.  Grady, I have no pictures of it, but you totally learned how to snowboard today with Keaton as your teacher.  We would have never found this out if I would have saw you 2 seconds sooner...but it was too late for me to yell STOP!!  Keaton had you on it and you were acting like a surfer out on a big wave!  You made it all the way down surprisingly, and it made me realize just how big you are getting.  What a great day with my family!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the fourwheeler taking you back to the top. Clever, not lazy. You got in much more sledding that way! Great first post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sledding looks so much fun. And I would not do it unless I had a vehicle to take me to the top! haha. Love it.

    ReplyDelete