Friday, August 17, 2012

Who Loves Bruno?

We do! We do!

If you ask my boys what they want to do on a Saturday morning this is where you will end up.  They were ecstatic to head to the farm and ride the 4-wheeler.  Garon's quote all the way to the farm... "Dad got 4-wheeler in the truck! I wanna ride it!"
And here they are ready to go. 


Love this pic of my boys.  Grady found an old hat of dads and thought he was so cool.  He had that hat tightened as far as it would go and was so proud to be wearing one of dads hats.  Garon is obsessed with wearing hats also.  He will say, "I need to go get my hat." 



Grady was my chauffeur for the day.  He did awesome.  Not only that but he was my tour guide.  He kept telling me all about the hay and the cows and the frogs in the pond...



One of the main reasons we headed out to the farm besides to ride 4-wheelers was also to go "frog hunting."  Yes, I just made that up.  I don't know what else you would call this activity.  Here is Garon looking at the pond.  I love this picture. 


And I love this picure.  If you know Garon you would know that he can't stand, no dispises, absolute  hates with a passion getting his picture made.  (get my point)  So when you say smile, you get this face.  So technically he is smiling in this picture. 
 Both of my sweet boys checking the pond for frogs.  And boy were they everywhere.  So we frog hunted....



 Not sure who was having more fun...
And here is where the fun ended for me. 

We are at the pond minding our own business while the cows are eating their hay.  It was all fun and games until this big bull comes over for a drink of water.  Sure, he just wanted water, but I interpreted it as he was coming over to CHARGE at me or eat me or something!  Little background story. 

 The bull is heading our way.  I say, "Dan, that bull is heading this way." Dan says, "Yea, he's friendly," without even turning around.  I run to the 4-wheeler, to me as an attempt to save myself, and scream a little bit like a little girl.  Meanwhile, nobody else in my family cares that this large animal is coming at us.  And the bull walked over, got his drink, and left.  And still to this day Grady will say, "Mom, why did you cry like a baby when that bull came over? " 

I guess the first step is admitted you have a problem...well I hate cows.  I don't know why.  I grew up with cows, fed them, helped get them in the little chute things so my dad could dehorn them, even had my own cow to show at the fair.  So I have no idea where this fear comes from...but I am very glad that Papa Benton and Dad remain calm so that my boys will not be afraid like me.





 Then they all left and I got to go back to the pond with my family.  The little babies are cute. I don't think I am afraid of calves.











 Garon and I got tired of all the frog hunting so we went back to the house to play trucks with Granny Gray.  Garon desperately wanted Granny to hitch all trailors to the right trucks. 




We had a lot of fun at the farm.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment