Friday, March 23, 2012

Beach Day 1

Well I am still not sure what happened on Friday....but I am SO glad it did. After just arriving home to enjoy the beginning of my Spring Break, I got this crazy text from my mom.  It was around 4:30.  She told us no one was in the beach house until Thursday so pack up if we wanted to go.  Before I could respond Dan did.  "We're going!" he said.  Easy for him to say he didn't have to pack himself and two boys in one hour.  Yes, did I mention we were leaving in an hour. 

Staci was in but Scott couldn't go.  Sarah was out because of baseball.  So it was me, Dan, Grady, Garon, Halle, Keaton, and Staci...and away we went!!!!



We drove all night long (well Dan did) but we were good company.  The kids were very good.  They had phones, DS's, movies, anything that would keep them entertained.  It was a looonnng 12 hours but we finally arrived by 7 am and were exhausted.  We just knew the kids would want to sleep after staying up for so long, but NO they did not!! So we headed to the beach.


Garon loved the sand and water.  That's all he said 800 million times.  "Oh water! Did you see dat?" Like no one else saw all that big ocean water but him.  It was precious.  



 Love this pic. 

 Garon would sit and play in the sand for hours.  He even buried daddy's feet this day. 
 Garon also enjoyed being pulled up and down the beach in the wagon.  It was quite the workout but Keaton and Halle enjoyed it. 


Day 1 was exhausting but the beach can wake anyone up.  The kids all passed out on the couch early that night.  

1 comment:

  1. This was the most fun post!! I got so excited for you thinking about packing up everything in one hour for a surprise trip. (and a little stressed too, ha). Cute pictures and I can't wait for the next beach post.

    ReplyDelete