Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Horseshoe Canyon Ranch

Labor day weekend we did a lot of hiking. I plan on blogging about both trips but thought it would be best to divide it by day 1 & 2. 

So Sunday afternoon my sisters call me with the idea of a little bit of hiking/zip lining.  I thought it sounded like fun...although Grady was not convinced to go off the zip line.  We headed to Horseshoe Canyon Ranch to check it all out. 

First, we started with a small walk around the area. 
 
 
This is the bridge that I did not want to go on.  I am such a baby when it comes to heights.  Or maybe it was the way it wobbled and looked like it was 500 years old. In my defense, my Granny did NOT want to take the bridge either.  So I kindly offered to take her AROUND the bridge.  I thought it was rather sweet of me. 
 


 Sarah, however, was not afraid of the bridge.  Look how brave and strong she is.  She was the first to go across.  I told her how much I loved her before she took off.
 
 There she goes....
 Here Dan, Granny, and I go under the bridge...
 And we all made it safely...Grady was sure to remind me all night and I quote, "Mom, remember when you were a scaredy-cat and wouldn't cross the bridge."
Garon getting spoiled and carried by Craig.
 Garon wanted to climb on a big rock like everyone else.

 If you know me and my fear of heights you can only imagine how bad I was screaming, "Grady, you are too close to the edge." However, I am happy that he doesn't share that same fear.

 A hike with a 30 pounder on your hip is GREAT exercise. 


 Love this picture.
 Craig and Scott stayed behind with Granny during the second trail.  She was happy to be out and about. 


 
We saw goats all over the place and tons of deer on the way home.  The kids loved that.  Unfortunately, we were very hungry when we got home and ate at Dairy Queen.  Oh well.  :) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment